Thursday, December 11, 2008

Frame II Final Exam

FRAME II

-----I strongly believe that one cannot grow if sheltered, just like a plant needs sunlight. To learn as a student, exposure is needed. In the writing by “Optimism one” title, “The Punk power in the First-year Writing Classroom” Is a point driven paper supporting Elbows quote “that if you are stuck trying or trying to figure something out, there is nothing better than finding one person, or more to talk to.” The paper expresses their common view that when writing process includes student collaboration, “the writing process can be greatly improved”(One, first sentence.) To heads are better then one. Two heads broadens the thought arena, which can strongly benefit a writer in a rut.
------Optimism One’s point is, that for ones writing process to move forward, it must be critiqued and include new realizations. Realization does not happen with normality, it’s when the papers “exposed”, new possibilities open. When the paper and writers mind opened to new ideas, from new minds, its given more room to move and grow “highlights the interactive nature of creativity”(One, Last sentence). This year, this has been a process I have learned to appreciate that I once feared, but has become a large part in my process of growing and expanding my writing for the better, but as a agree I also value my individual part of my writing process as well.
-------This quarter at Puget Sound Early College in writing 101, I have realized by doing our peer edits and peer sharing my teachers have forced me to broaden my writing horizons, but I would rather be forced then not do it at all. It pushed me to open up to new ideas, ones I might have not of thought of without another mind involved. People think differently, analyze things differently, different results occur and to realize these differences and use them can be a great advantage. Not only did it help me see my writing from another point of view but it helped me better understand the topic at times as well. By sitting down and discussing a paper with a peer, the possibilities and thoughts on the paper expand. Also a fresh view can help redirect and correct. Not only does the sharing points and views help us grow and make those new key realizations, but for me it as helped me target my strengths and weaknesses as well.
--------To look at someone’s strengths and weaknesses helps me realize where I stand and what I need to work on. To see the critiques given to other students is in a way a heads up, another helpful guide. Yes, not everything will refer back to your paper, and no, it’s not always right to take other critiques into consideration. It is highly possible at times it will not even apply to your paper. That is why a strong view of mine is that individual time and focus on your paper is important, it should not be all group work. To have time to explore your own thoughts and see what where you stand and that’s something I cherish about my writing where this point of “Punk Power in the First-Year Writing Classroom” to me and for me, did not apply."Being stifled in various stages” is one of Optimism One key examples where peer editing is a useful solution. But for me, “Being stifled”(One, second sentence) is something I need in my writing. That’s a large point of my growing and my learning to push myself ,where my breaking through happens. But none the less, the peer part of a writing process I believe is crucial and as Optimism One says “is a simple solution” and as I say , a great eye opener.

No comments: